Wednesday, June 8, 2011

pasta, chicken barbecue and a slice of choclate cake...cafe urbe style

Here's a chicken barbecue (BBQ) from Cafe Urbe.

Located along Alabang-Zapote road in Las Piñas City, its a not-so-small cafe, which used to be,  if I'm not mistaken a car dealership store or a bakery. Whatever it was, I don't really cared. Its just a good thing that it was turned into a cafe.

Far from the best and the fanciest cafe's in town, Cafe Urbe still needs a lot of improvement..interior wise, menu-wise and service wise. While I think they have the essentials for a cafe ambiance..the food still matters the most. 'Tis a food blog anyway.

Quick backgrounder, foobu Aida invited me for lunch after shift one day and she said we ought to try out a newly opened cafe, she recommended it coz she and foobu Gold tried it once. And she wants me to try it too. So I gave in, 'twas her treat as I remember.

She ordered pasta, Tuna Alfredo I guess. She could not eat fried dishes for health reasons, so she opted for the healthier choice. She shared some, as we always do, and it didn't taste bad. Good, a three stars rate out of five. Again not bad!!

Then comes the chicken barbecue. Service wise, we ordered almost the same time, but my order came 10 minutes after she got  her pasta order.  She had to eat ahead so her dish don't turn cold.

I had to order a rice meal because I was hungry as a lion and that I could eat anything in the bowl. But the order coming so late was such a big turn down. But anyway, back to the dish.


Its a quarter chicken cooked in special barbecue sauce, sweet and a definite delight.  Worth the wait. A rating of four stars.






 Then, a food trip won't be complete without the dessert. Cake is our topmost choice for desserts when dining. Chocolate cake is a staple on every cafe. So we ordered a slice of their chocolate cake. Moist and a little gummy was the icing. Not bad, ain't the best nor the worst either. A rating of 3 stars. 


Also, there's the banana bread. Something that you'd buy in a grocery. Crap. Fresh from its plastic wrap and the price ain't worth it. Rated with 2 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment