Wednesday, June 9, 2010

From a Coffee Bean to a White Chocolate Dream

Coffee drinking is a lifestyle. How you make your coffee, what coffee you drink, where you drink it and who you share it with determines the coffee experience. Drinking coffee is an evolved interest. As a matter of fact, three of my previous blogs from www.quadradikus.blogspot.com is about coffee or in part coffee: Bona coffee, Ba noi and Beraldi. Not to include the many trips I had to Starbucks and Boston Cafe (which I see only in Los Baños, Laguna so far).

After a fulfilling Amici experience, and with my craving for more food, me and food buddies Aida Desalisa, Gold Gutierrez and Grace Raymundo, dropped by The Coffee Beans and Tea Leaf at Alabang Town Center (ATC). Its my first to try the place, and I need all the comparisons I can get experience, as I search for the best ice-blended frappuccino in town.

As we entered the place, it was cozy and the smell of coffee fills the air. It also has the look and feel of a high-end coffee shop, and it is!

I ordered the white chocolate dream ice-blended coffee while foobu Aida opted for brewed coffee and Gold had The Ultimate frappe.

Foobu Aida offered me to take a sip on her brewed coffee. It tasted good, bitter (as most coffees are) yet very flavorful. But again, I'm not into brewed coffee but this one is far better than the other regular brews I've tried.

As for the white chocolate dream, it was a different flavor from my favorite green tea frappe of Starbucks. And unlike Starbucks, the Coffee Beans and Tea Leaf has very few selections of frappuccinos. But although it may be few, the flavor was not short of expectations and I must compare it with the white chocolate milk and vanilla (not quite sure of this) of Boston Cafe and far better than that of Beraldi. It has the right blend of mild sweetness and the strong flavor of chocolate.

I like the green tea frappe, but I also like the white chocolate dream. Again, coffee drinking is an evolved interest and its a lifestyle. Never experienced this growing up in the province. Damn, coffee is addicting, and I'm not gonna stop drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment