Tuesday, May 17, 2011

sweet chillers

I am a self-confessed certified sweet tooth!!!

Chocolates, cakes, ice creams and everything chocolatey is a comfort food. Good thing, I have my wife to regulate my sweet cravings, otherwise, I maybe a diabetic years ago.

There's something about chocolates that I can't resist, even taking personality tests about chocolates. As per the Chocolate Personality Quiz:

You’re an exuberant lover of all things chocolate, from bars and candy to desserts. Chocolate is both a treat and a pick-me-up. It might be said that you’re a bit more enthusiastic than discriminating. In general, you’ve got a serious sweet tooth. You’re fun, warm, and love a party. You’re non-judgmental and open to new things and new people. If it looks like chocolate, you’ll eat it.

But ice cream craving is a totally different thing. Aside from the fact that its frozen sugar topped with different flavors, I pick and choose what I want. Chocolate ice creams are on top my list. I easily get amazed with new concepts especially when it comes to food. So the idea of fried ice creams and those served in a wafer bowl sounds really cool. But more than the coolness, its still the taste that matters.

Just like this mint with chocolate gelato by Caramia.. its a delight.

And this coffee topped with ice cream by Red Ribbon is a knock-out.

Sometimes, you need not pay much to get fill your sweet tooth cravings. The sundaes, mcflurry and many other twirls offered by leading fast-food chains is an option in you're watching your budget. As for me, I settle for the simple, yet sinfully tube ice filled McFloat.

Ice cream cakes are also gaining foot and is creating its own market. Bake and Churn happens to have a kiosk branch near where I live. They offer affordable prices for every slice of their ice cream cake. But ice cream cakes aren't my cup of tea, aside from they taste like melted ice creams re-frozen, the after taste of the syrup is horrible and not so pleasing on my taste buds.

A classic example is this banana blast of Caramia. Its banana-cum-chocolate ice cream cake topped with lots and lots and lots of strawberry syrup. Urk!!

I have yet to find that ice cream cake that will change my perception and accept it as the ice cream cake and not just another thing served in my sweets plate.

So next time you consider trying out a dessert, why not try an ice cream cake. Then let me know if you've discovered something different and exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment