Tuesday, May 17, 2011

doggpound burgers

So you like burgers?

There are quite a number of burger stands out there but its not everyday that you stumble upon the biggest and as they claim to be....the tastiest.

I'm referring to Doggpound Burgers. It used to be a burger stand along Grove, Los Baños, Laguna but has relocated to a hole in the wall treat still in the same location.

As a foodie, I'm not very particular about the name of their burgers, I usually associate the food with experience I get and the story behind the experience.

So, how I got to taste this burger, here's the story.

More than a year ago, a friend and who used to be a housemate in college was back in the Philippines for a vacation. She finished a degree in Computer Science but now works as a nurse in the US. Together with a fellow former housemate who now works as instructor for the Department of Development Communication,  we had a quick get together at Boston Cafe then blasted the past with a walk in Demarces Subdivision, where we used to stay.

She had to meet other friends so when we're done, I walked home and got curious about the burger. I bought one, took it home as a pasalubong to my wife and we shared the food.

The burger is big, but as a warning, don't expect much. I was expecting something bigger but .....

As for the taste, nothing was really special, still the same burger as the rest - buns, burger patty, tomatoes, lettuce and inevitable tandem of ketchup and mayonnaise. the packaging was neat, wrapped in foil and packed in paper bag.

But what sets it apart from the rest is the patty - thicker and juicier. But there's really something in it eat that I didn't like much. The stench taste. I'm trying to isolate the reason why it has that taste but I couldn't think of any other reason, maybe its the patty. You might even get to think, maybe its dog meat patty. I hoped not.

Overall, its still worth the buy, still worth the try. But honestly, I haven't had my second purchase of this burger.

Rated: 2.50

1 comment:

  1. Hi There.. I would like to franchise this Dogg Pound...
    Can you give me details on whom and where I can contact the one incharge on franchising.

    PLease send me an email yrralyn.gomez@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete